First Ever LEAP Leadership Event with Northern Ireland’s Women’s Group TWN Launches to Elevate Women in the Workplace
“The partnership adds a greater dimension to current conversations about moving women forward and perfectly fits the agenda LEAP seeks to pursue,” states Maura Kelly, LEAP Co-Director.
Dr. Jane O’Meara Sanders, Jean Butler, Joseph O’Connor, Trish Long, producer Maura Kelly and Mícheál Ó’Muircheartaigh added to I.NY Festival Programme.
Maura Kelly joins designer Orla Kiely and former New York Consul General Tim O’Connor as an invited speaker at the I.NY Gathering in Dromoland Castle on Friday 13 October, while Jean Butler and Trish Long will both speak at the I.NY Creative Education Symposium hosted University of Limerick.
Radio & Podcast Appearances
- Featured on I.NY Festival comes to Clare
- Featured on special episode of FNI WrapChat this week from the Kerry Film Festival.
- Maura Kelly’s HuffPost column – select articles
- IIBN celebrates women and inspiring ideas at US salon for Inspirefest.
LEAP is all about promoting diversity and inclusion in leadership. Really putting more women into leadership positions, explained Maura Kelly, a Principal at Purple Mountain Media, an IIBN Board Member, and a senior advisor with LEAP.
- In their own words: insights and video from Inspriefest NY Salon and LEAP launch.
IIBN’s presentation of Inspirefest NY Salon and LEAP Launch began as an email from Kelly Hoey stating: “Call Ann O’Dea of Silicon Republic.”
- Maura Kelly profile – Whom You Know
While studying for her graduate degree, Maura started work in an assistant job at a UN agency (United Nations Development Program) that would have a profound impact on her career. At UNDP, she was exposed to the use of media (TV, video, internet radio, print) to impact social change – to educate – and to activate communities. It was called MEDIA THAT MATTERS and that is how she helps clients use media today.
- STORIES OF 1916 requesting stories on IrishCentral (media partner)
- Irish Echo 2011 Small Business 50 Honoree
- Reporters Uncensored on HuffPost
- Emmy announcements
Events & Conferences
- New York, New Belfast Business Conference 2019. Maura is a panel moderator and speaker. Topic: “Wider Engagement: Impact of Global Universities and the Building a Sustainable Film and Television industry in Belfast.
- IIBN Opportunity Global Conference 2014
Maura Kelly, developer of this content for the conference said “Side by side with the traditional tourism attractions and events mentioned above, Ireland is developing a world class reputation for business conferences and events.The annual Dublin Web Summit, the recent One Young World Summit as well as the European Business Angel Network have put Dublin and Ireland on the map in terms of conference locations.”
Other Production and Project Coverage
- Produced by Maura kelly – WOMEN in Film and Television and International Co-Productions
- Written by Maura Kelly – Irish Echo– ANIMATION NATION
- SSPD project coverage (Sober St Patrick’s Day)
“We’re tired of the negative stereotypes of public drunkenness taking away from the holiday,” said Maura Kelly, a television executive who helped to launch the event.
- SSPD coverage NY Press Cultural Traditions
- Irish Central – SSPD- Sell Out Success
“It was excellent, we had to turn people away” organizer Maura Kelly told the Irish Voice. “We delivered more than we promised.
- SSPD Press Release
- IN the MIX launched on PBS